Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Waiting for the Magic by Patricia MacLachlan


 Hello my name is William.  My dad just gave me a note and I don’t want to read it, but I do.  It says he is leaving.  He has left before but never wrote a note.  I rip it up because I am mad.  My mom cries a lot.  One day she takes us to the shelter to adopt a dog.  Our dad doesn’t like dogs.  Well we couldn’t decide so we took four dogs and a cat.  I think my sister, Elinor, communicates with them.  It’s like she understands what the animals are thinking and saying.  One day I hear it too.  They are talking to us!  Then mom sits us down at the table for a talk.  Is it about dad?  Does she want to tell us something else?  You will be waiting for the magic by reading this book. 
Reviewed by Mrs. Bruno at Arongen



No comments: